About Me

I'm just an average person doing what I can.

Sunday, September 04, 2005

I remembered a dream! And had to share!

HEHEHE... first rememberable dream in MONTHS, people! Congratulate me!

There were three of us, my brothers and I. Derrik was the first-born, I the second and Max the last. Derrik and I somehow escaped with no debilitating birth defects. But Max, bless his soul, didn't. His speech was slurred and the doctors were always forecasting his death in months. So on his fifth birthday, after much begging, we got him a puppy. At the pound (where we got the puppy), our mother told Max that he would get a new animal every year. This pleased Max and me because it was a reward for surviving another year. Derrik, however, was not so altruistic.

Derrik caught the security man off-guard and took his gun. He pointed it at the free of us and his fingers slowly itched to the trigger. Derrik, at seventeen, was a 6'2 heavily muscled boy who used to spend long hours at the shooting range. Not a one of us doubted his ability to let off a round and kill us all. As a torrent of memories past flooded my mind, I wondered if this was the ultimate purpose for all those days at the shooting range. If all of that training was honed in preparation for this event. Maybe my older brother had not escaped without a handicap. Maybe the doctors just hadn't caught on because the disability was in his brain and not in his body.

"You never gave me a puppy," my older brother boomed, his fingers still firm on the trigger.
"Derik.. you never asked for one!" my mother pleaded.

And so it went that my brother would shout an accusation and my mother would try to refute it and appease him. I guess that all of her silent pleading worked in the end because he dropped his arm to his side. He walked away from us and wasn't seen again that day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later, when I was looking for my lost brother, I found him sitting on a pillar next to a store waiting for me.

"Hi, sis."
"Hi, bro."
"Heyyyy... listen," he said, "I have a little favor to ask you."
"Hmmm... what's the favor?"
Derik dashed forward and stuck a cell phone in my pocket. I knew full well that my brother didn't own a cell phone. So I knew he had stolen it from some place.
"Whose?"
"Just remember Lighsoms." And then he was off, like a ghost, unheard and unseen by anyone but me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I needed the police, I knew. Unless you knew the owners, it was near-impossible to find them by simple guess and check. So I went inside the nearest store (which happened to be a games store... go figure!) and tried to find a man on security detail. I only seceeded in waving down a man who worked the counter (similar shirt, damnit, I was confused!). Having no luck there, I ran out into the parking lot (and I DID run because one of the guys in the store was laughing about I must have had somewhere I needed to go fast) and started waving down random people. And the first woman who stopped was on her way to her car (not in it yet). I told her my story and she shook her head as to say, 'Sorry, I can't help you' but then she caught sight of my hands. Which were bluish. And she grabbed me by the arm and said that we had to go to the hospital, but then she'd help me out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

And that - tada - was the end of my dream. Isn't that just fantabulous? Yessss... first dream in months and I have a sociopathic older brother, a disabled younger brother and I, myself, have the bluish-tinted skin of the dead. Maybe I am dead? Maybe I dreamed that he simply walked away? Maybe he actually shot all of us and I simply did not look back and check? Perhaps that is why he did not come home that night? Perhaps I am not human in this dream. Perhaps I am other and the gunshot killed my body, yes, but not my spirit's control of it. Perhaps I am somewhat of a vampire and am dead while still holding earthly form. Perhaps, perhaps, maybe.

Welll... I'll update you later (if I can) if there is anything of interest that happens to me later. Until then... ciao!

Your friend (err.. hopefully?),
~Lema

No comments: